Before registering for the Sant'Anna Business Game, you must read the rules below (hereinafter called the “Official Rules”). By completing the registration form, you accept the conditions of the Official Rules in their entirety. Furthermore, you accept that any decision of the Sant'Anna Business Game staff concerning the Sant'Anna Business Game shall be definitive.
II. THE Sant'Anna BUSINESS GAME
- The Sant'Anna Business Game is a business game organized by Sant'Anna students but also by students of different faculties and different universities.
- The purpose of the Sant'Anna Business Game is to familiarize students with the reality of the work that they will face in their professional life. Five different challenges are organized: an online challenge, a Strategy challenge, a Marketing challenge, a Negotiation challenge, and Pitching challenge.
- The Game is based on an interactive economic simulation where the participants evolve within a defined competitive environment. The decisions made by the participants will affect their level of success.
- The Game will develop in eight stages: Stage 1: Registration; 2: Selection Challenge and Participant selection; Stage 3: Online Challenge ; Stage 4: Strategy Challenge ; Stage 5: Negotiation Challenge ; Stage 6: Marketing Challenge ; Stage 7: Pitching Challenge.
- The Game will take place on the 18th and 19th November, 2016.
- The final results will be announced at the game itself and on the Sant'Anna Business Game website, www.businessgame.jebe.it.
- Only individuals who are officially enrolled in a school or a university of higher education, and currently in their third year of Bachelor, first year of Master or last year of Master are eligible for participation at the Solvay Business Game (hereafter, they will be referred to as “the Students”). Students writing their thesis or doing the equivalent in order to obtain their diploma can also be considered as students.
- Participation in the Sant'Anna Business Game is subject to online electronic acceptance of the Official Rules and of the documentation concerning the assignment of the intellectual property and image rights.
- A financial contribution of 50 euros but we will provide you with all the food and beverages you need during the two days. Please note that, there will be no refunds.
V. USE OF THE RESULTS BY THE HR TEAMS OF THE SPONSORS
The Human Resources Managers of the sponsors of the Sant'Anna Business Game may, at their full discretion, use the Results of their challenge.
VI. SUPPLEMENTARY PROVISIONS
- At its sole discretion, the Sant'Anna Business Game may exclude or ban a Team from participating if the Team or one of its members does not comply with the Official Rules or acts in an unfair or disruptive way.
- The Sant'Anna Business Game forbids the Teams, at any stage of the Game, to communicate their strategy to each other or any specific information concerning the Teams’ decisions and in particular, all data contained in the Team’s data file are private and highly confidential.
- The Challenges and its associated documentation are copyrighted. All adaptation, reproduction or representation without the Sant'Anna Business Game’s approval is considered a forgery punished by the law.
- The Teams shall have no recourse against the disqualification decisions.
- The Sant'Anna Business Game has the right to disqualify and sue any participant who might try to destroy, disturb, damage or affect the proper functioning of the SBG.
- By participating in the SBG, the Students shall have access to confidential information such as commercial, financial, scientific, industrial or marketing-related information, concerning the activities, operations and studies of the sponsors, one or several of the companies in the sponsors’ Group or one or several companies to which they are or were related or in which they are interested. The Students shall also have access to information concerning individuals belonging to the above-mentioned companies (henceforth referred to as “Information”).
- The Students shall take the necessary measures to keep the Information confidential, except for public information.
- The Students acknowledge that disclosing this Information could cause sponsors considerable damage, and that irresponsible treatment (or actions that are not in line with expectations) of this Information therefore makes them liable to judicial pursuit.
- The obligation to keep the Information confidential shall continue even after the end of the Sant'Anna Business Game.
- The Solvay Business Game took appropriate measures to prevent any unauthorized access to the Students’ personal data. The Solvay Business Game reserves the right share the Students’ information with its sponsors, provided it is used in a professional manner.
- According to the “Informatique et Libertés” Law of 4 January 1978, any Student can exercise his/her right of access to, amendment of, or suppression of his personal data.
- All the times and dates published by the Sant'Anna Business Game are in local Italian time.
- In the event that the administration, the security or the proper functioning of the Sant'Anna is put to question, The Solvay Business Game reserves the right to shorten, modify or cancel the Sant'Anna Business Game. In this event, the Team or one of its members will not be able to claim any loss against it.
- The Sant'Anna Business Game, its concept, its content, its appearance, its logo, any other graphic element and its organization are and shall remain the sole property of JEBE.
- JEBE is not responsible for the incorrect functioning of the site, for incorrect e-mail addresses related to the Sant'Anna Business Game or for connection problems.
- The Teams shall not be reimbursed for the fees, equipment or resources used during their participation in the SBG.